Bradley Memorial Campus Auxiliary
Bradley Memorial Campus Auxiliary activities benefit patients, visitors and staff of the hospital and members of the Southington community. Activities include:
- Providing cafeteria coupons to families of ambulatory surgery patients so they can enjoy free meals while waiting for their loved ones.
- Donating gifts and books to a "cheer cart" that visits patients and hospital offices daily.
- Decorating the hospital for the holidays and providing gifts on every patient's tray for thanksgiving.
- Recognizing dedicated hospital employees and volunteers each Valentine's Day.
- Supporting education programs for the community on various health topics.
The New Britain General Auxiliary
The New Britain General Auxiliary's Outreach Committee is chaired by the president-elect, who reviews programs suitable for the Auxiliary board to participate in. Recent programs/activities include:
- Distributing poinsettia plants to patients in the hospital at Christmas time.
- Contributing reusable grocery bags to the New Britain Food Collaborative.
- Contributing scarves for children suffering from asthma.
- Contributing baby items to the Family BirthPlace for newborns of families with limited incomes.
- Participating in "Lights for Hope" a fundraiser for the Petit Family in Cheshire.
- Contributing 300 Bags for the Food Pantry of the New Britain Food & Resource Center.
- Donating the Patricia Hoerle Memorial Bench in the New Britain General Campus Lobby, across from the gift
shop. (The bench was paid for by donations in Pat's name and with $1,500 from the New Britain General Campus Auxiliary. Pat was the gift shop manager for many years and passed away in March 2008).