Are you looking for a positive way to help your community, while enjoying the rewards and personal satisfaction of helping others? Consider volunteering at The Hospital of Central Connecticut.
Volunteers are truly "The HEART of our Community."
- Augments and complements hospital services by providing compassionate, well-trained volunteers.
- Volunteers provide customer service of the highest quality, demonstrating our core values of integrity, caring, excellence and safety.
- Opportunities exist for adults and teens (15 years of age or older) in both clinical and non-clinical areas.
There are a number of ways to help:
You're cordially invited to join the men and women who are members of The Hospital of Central Connecticut Auxiliary. Auxiliary members provide service to the hospital, help and comfort patients and families, and advocate for patients and volunteers.
Every day, dozens of community members of all ages donate their time and talents to support Hospital of Central Connecticut patients, visitors and staff.
Whether filing in our administrative offices, transporting patients around the hospital or keeping family members in our waiting rooms company, our volunteers help the hospital provide outstanding care with efficiency and compassion.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is proud of its exceptional Teen Volunteer Program. High school students between the ages of 15-18 provide invaluable assistance to many hospital departments.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Adults Apply Online
(18 or over NOT in High School)
- Interview with Volunteer Services Manager
- Attend three-hour mandatory hospital Safety Orientation
- Provide Health Clearance Form completed by your PCP
- Commitment to volunteering four hours one day a week - just a few hours makes a big difference!