Health tips, screenings, children’s activities part of 5th annual Healthy Family FunFest on Feb. 23
New Britain [January 14 2014] -
Want to learn how you and your family can live healthy and happy? Come to the Healthy Family FunFest, Sunday, Feb. 23, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. Admission is free.
Presented by The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Central Connecticut Senior Health Services and the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs, this fun-filled event will feature information and activities for people of all ages, including:
• Petting zoo
• Food samples from Cabot Cheese , UDI’s and Food for Life
• Balance risk screenings
• Blood pressure screenings
• Car safety seat information
• Tips and information from health experts on eating right, exercising and a host of other health topics
• Kids’, toddler and tween area, with an obstacle course, virtual gym and other fun activities, Sloper Express Train
• Much, much more!
You’ll also enjoy great food, raffles. And you’ll have an opportunity to help your neighbors in need by bringing a non-perishable food item for Southington’s Bread for Life. For more information please call A Balanced Life at 860-276-1966 or visit www.healthyfamilyfunfest.com.
Contact: Kimberly Gensicki, 860-224-5900 X6507
HCC Corporate Communications
(860) 224-5695 •
Fax (860) 224-5779