Health tips, screenings, children’s activities part of March 4 Healthy Family FunFest
Southington [February 20 2012] -
Want to learn how you and your family can live healthy and happy? Come to the Healthy Family FunFest, Sunday, March 4, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. Admission is free.
Presented by The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Central Connecticut Senior Health Services and the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs, this fun-filled event will feature information and activities for people of all ages, including:
• Healthy cooking demonstrations and gluten-free eating
• Balance challenge
• Blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and bone density checks, and kids’ dental screenings
• Pet therapy demonstration
• Car safety seat information
• Special needs registration
• Silver Alert for seniors
• Tips and information from health experts on eating right, exercising and a host of other health topics
• Kids’ area, with an obstacle course, virtual gym and other fun activities
• Green living tips
• Much, much more!
You’ll also enjoy great food and raffles, and have an opportunity to help your neighbors in need by bringing a non-perishable food item for Southington’s Bread for Life.
For information, visit www.healthyfamilyfunfest.com.
Contact: Nancy Martin, (860) 224-5900, X4366
HCC Corporate Communications
(860) 224-5695 •
Fax (860) 224-5779