Hospital of Central Connecticut names breast nurse navigator
New Britain [July 26 2010] -
Bethany Carr, R.N., B.S.N., was recently appointed breast nurse navigator with The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s Comprehensive Breast Center.
Carr joins breast nurse navigator Donna Boehm, R.N., M.S.N., M.P.H.
Breast nurse navigators help patients diagnosed with cancer and other breast diseases throughout their treatment. The nurse navigators’ duties include:
• Educating patients and their loved ones about the patient’s diagnosis
• Helping patients make informed decisions about treatment
• Advocating for patients during treatment
• Working with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals to coordinate patients’ care
• Providing moral support throughout diagnoses, treatment and recovery
• Leading a monthly breast cancer support group and coordinating education events about breast cancer and other breast health topics
Carr has more than eight years of nursing experience, including four years at The Hospital of Central Connecticut (HCC). She began her HCC career as a staff nurse on the oncology unit, then served as an oncology research nurse coordinator with HCC’s Cancer Clinical Research program.
Carr earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing from Villanova University, Villanova, Pa., and is pursuing her master’s degree in nursing at Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, Conn.
Contact: Nancy Martin, 860-224-5900, ext. 4366
HCC Corporate Communications
(860) 224-5695 •
Fax (860) 224-5779