Health tips, screenings, children’s activities part of March 7 Healthy Family FunFest
New Britain [January 27 2010] -
Want to learn how you and your family can live healthy and happy? Come to the Healthy Family FunFest, Sunday, March 7, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. Admission is free.
Presented by The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Central Connecticut Senior Health Services and the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs, this fun-filled event will feature information and activities for people of all ages, including:
• Healthy cooking demonstrations
• Brain fitness
• Balance screenings
• Blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and bone density checks
• Pet therapy demonstration
• Car safety seat information
• Amber Alert National Registration for children 17 and younger
• Tips and information from health experts on eating right, exercising and a host of other health topics
• Inspiring stories from local folks who have lost weight and regained their lives
• Kids’ area, with an obstacle course, virtual gym and other fun activities
• Much, much more!
You’ll also enjoy great food, raffles and an appearance by the New Britain Rock Cats mascot, Rocky the Rock Cat. And you’ll have an opportunity to help your neighbors in need by bringing a non-perishable food item for Southington’s Bread for Life.
“The Healthy Family FunFest has been designed to be a fun-filled, interactive day offering health-related information, screenings and activities for people of all ages, from young children to vibrant seniors,” said John Myers, executive director, Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs. “This event is an opportunity to demonstrate our common commitment to enhance the health of our community.”
“The FunFest will be a wonderful opportunity to get practical tips and information from health experts on living a healthy lifestyle,” said Southington physician Craig Bogdanski, D.O. “I encourage people of all ages to join us for this fun and informative event.”
For information, visit www.healthyfamilyfunfest.com.
Contact: Nancy Martin, 860-224-5900, ext. 4366
HCC Corporate Communications
(860) 224-5695 •
Fax (860) 224-5779