Family Health Center
22 Pine St., Bristol
New Britain General campus
100 Grand St., New Britain
(860) 584-8379; Fax:
Specializing in the successful treatment of non-healing wounds,
The Hospital of Central Connecticut Wound Care Center is the first step in helping to manage and heal difficult, non-healing wounds.
The Center specializes in the therapeutic healing of chronic wounds regardless of their cause -- diabetes, poor circulation or other conditions. We offer advanced treatments, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
The Center's team of doctors and nurses is dedicated to treating wounds, including many that have resisted healing after months and even years of traditional treatment. In fact, data show that most Wound Care Center patients are completely healed in just a few months.
Before you visit...
- When you call for an appointment you may be asked a few questions about your wound and general health.
- Keep your appointment. It's the first step toward healing your wound.
- Make a list of your allergies and any medications you're taking, including aspirin, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Bring your medical records, and insurance cards and forms.
- If you have diabetes, bring snack food and medication.
- Your first visit will take some time.
- No physician referral is needed.
Many health plans cover Wound Care Center treatment. Coverage depends on your specific plan. Be sure to bring your insurance cards with you when you visit the Center.