Back to HCC home

Text size

Large / Normal

Contact info

Interventional Radiology New Britain General campus
(860) 224-5244

Radiology New Britain General campus
(860) 224-5556

Bradley Memorial campus
(860) 276-5382

Other info

Cancer treatments

Using catheters or needles, physicians can deliver radiation or chemotherapy drugs directly into tumors, sparing healthy, surrounding tissue.

Interventional treatments include:

  • Chemo-embolization, in which chemotherapy drugs are injected into an artery supplying a tumor with blood
  • Tumor ablation, in which cold, heat or radiofrequency waves are used to destroy tumor cells


Treatments are less invasive and typically involve less pain and quicker recovery. Many can be performed on an outpatient basis or with a short hospital stay.