New Britain General campus:
- Substance abuse/addiction
- Substance abuse/addiction combined with any of the following:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (Panic Disorder, Phobias, PTSD, OCD, GAD)
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Who we treat
Our programs are designed to meet our clients' unique needs with customized care programs. We treat individuals, couples and families who are:
- Examining their own use, or that of a loved one, to determine if a problem exists
- Encountering problems in their lives related to drug use, and seeking ways to address them
- Struggling with serious addictions requiring immediate attention
For some patients with opioid addictions, the hospital can prescribe buprenorphine (Suboxone®
), an alternative to methadone. All patients must also participate in a counseling program.
Day and Evening Intensive Outpatient Treatment
The programs meet three times per week, and help those whose drug use has gotten out of control.
Outpatient Group and Individual Services
- Couples/family counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling - Specialized groups include women's issues, relapse prevention, recovery skills, trauma skills training and an early intervention group, for people who aren't sure if they have an addiction
These include women's issues groups, Polish-speaking services, Spanish-speaking services and aftercare services, for people who have had previous treatment and begun recovery.