These instructions are important for your safety and will help things go more smoothly the day of your procedure. Failure to comply with these instructions may cancel your surgical procedure.
- Arrange to have someone drive you to and from the hospital. You cannot drive the day of your procedure.
- Arrange to have a friend or family member stay with you at home through the first night after surgery.
- New Britain General campus: On your surgery day, please report to the information desk in the main lobby at your scheduled time. Please observe posted areas of restricted cell phone use.
- Bradley Memorial campus: On your surgery day, please park near the Emergency Room entrance, and enter the door marked Ambulatory Surgery. Report to the receptionist's desk on the left.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight
- Do not wear jewelry, body piercings, perfume or contact lenses.
- Do not bring valuables or money.
- Do bring information on your medications and medical history the day of your procedure.
You can also download and print the My Notes for the Nurse form, complete it and bring it the day of your surgery.
My Notes for the Nurse
Surgical site infections FAQs