In 1997, the hospital joined with the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston
, a world leader in diabetes treatment, research and education.
Our programs reflect the philosophy of care that Dr. Elliot P. Joslin initiated over 100 years ago.
The mission of the Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate at The Hospital of Central Connecticut is to help people with diabetes develop skills to manage their blood glucose, avoid complications and to maintain better health throughout their lifetime.
Quality Diabetes care
The Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate at The Hospital of Central Connecticut has received recognition for providing quality diabetes care from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
, an organization in partnership with the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
The Joslin difference
- Team approach to diabetes management education programs
- classes and support groups
- Award-winning publications for professional and patient education
- Leading provider of diabetes continuing education programs for physicians and diabetes educators nationwide.
- World renowned for diabetes research.