New Britain General campus:
(860) 224-5900 x6335
Hours: M,W,F: 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and by appointment
Relax, Learn, Empower
Imagine a quiet room where you can relax, meditate or read, and at the same time empower yourself through learning about cancer, its treatments and emotional healing.
The Auxiliary Cancer Resource Library was created to assist cancer patients as well as families touched by a loved one's cancer diagnosis.
- Books, audiotapes and videos about the physical, social and psychological aspects of cancer. Materials are available for people of all ages in easy-to-understand language and many are available in Spanish.
- Customized cancer information kits
- A computer for Internet research
- Guided relaxation tapes and a selection of soothing CDs
- Head coverings at no charge (as available), as well as a list of area providers offering head coverings and wigs.
Our resource associate can conduct or guide patients or family members through a specialized database search for information on clinical trials, new types of treatments, or specifics on a cancer diagnosis or treatment. The associate is also available connect patients and families with other members of the George Bray Cancer Team and help identify other support systems.
The library is next to the outpatient cancer treatment area, hospital first floor, near E-1.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut and American Cancer Society have partnered to provide information and support to cancer patients and their loved ones and caregivers.
Through the American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Network
, an ACS representative is at the hospital's New Britain General campus Tuesdays and Thursdays.