A Collaborative, Supportive Experience
The Graduate Nurse Program is a collaborative, highly supportive experience for the individual just beginning his or her nursing career. Our comprehensive orientation facilitates learning through a well designed integration of classroom sessions, practical training and clinical experience.
The graduate nurse is trained and closely guided by certified preceptors, Nursing Directors, Clinical Educators, and unit based Clinical Managers and Clinical Nurse Specialists. In addition to clinical coursework specific to the practice area, graduate nurses also receive education on topics ranging from NCLEX preparation to delegation and prioritization.
New Hire Support Program
Our unique New Hire Support Program is a formal, structured program that provides a full range of support services to graduate nurses as they make their transition from an academic to a hospital environment. This program includes:
A New Hire Support Coordinator
A New Hire Support Coordinator works closely with the Graduate Nurse, clinical educators, nursing leadership and the preceptor to address any issues and smooth the transition to the workforce.
Peer Support Group
Peer support group meetings that are facilitated by the New Hire Support Coordinator and provide an opportunity to discuss clinical and non-clinical topics of interest, to share experiences and concerns with each other and the Support Coordinator, and reinforce the importance of peer support.
Social activities during the orientation and preceptorship phases to promote networking and enhance integration into the social network of the hospital.
Graduate Nurses can practice in:
- Cardiovascular Telemetry
- Medical Telemetry
- General Surgical
- Behavioral Health
Extended Graduate Nurse Programs are available in:
- Competitive salaries and generous shift differentials
- Excellent benefits
- Teaching hospital and community hospital settings
- Individualized orientation with a certified preceptor
- Unit based Clinical Nurse Specialists available for consultation, education and support
- Graduate Nurse Opportunities in Operating Room, Critical Care, Family BirthPlace and Emergency Department
- Up to $5000 per year in pre-paid tuition assistance
- Clinical Ladder Program
- State-of-the-art clinical documentation system including bedside wireless technology
- Hospitalists available 24/7
- Case Managers available seven days a week
To apply please send a cover letter stating an area of interest, a resume, transcript and two letters of recommendation from clinical instructors to:
The Hospital of Central Connecticut
100 Grand St.
New Britain, CT 06050
For additional questions please call:
New Britain General campus: (860) 224-5576
Bradley Memorial campus: (860) 276-5002